CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE REQUESTS
Throughout the season a Rugby club may be asked to demonstrate proof of their insurance coverage to rent a facility or participate in an event. A Certificate of Insurance is used by the insurance company to the party making the request. This is usually a facility, municipality, school board or for a tour. A Certificate of Insurance offers proof that the group using the facility is covered by a policy in the event of an injury or other accident.
In order to provide a Certificate of Insurance to the party requesting one from your club, you must complete the appropriate Insurance Request Online Form. A link to the online form is located below.
Please send your fully completed certificate request form to your provincial union office.
The only people who are covered by the National Insurance Program are those individuals registered as participants with their member Rugby Clubs (players, match officials, medical staff, named volunteers). A facility or individual may be added to the policy as “Additional Insured” for a specified event, and that event only.
A Certificate of Insurance will only be valid for sanctioned events. Should an event/competition/tour take place which is not sanctioned, the National Insurance Program will not respond to a claim associated with a non-sanctioned activity.
INJURY REPORTING AND INSURANCE CLAIMS SUBMISSION
Provincial Union / Rugby Canada Extended Medical Coverage Injury Reporting And Claims Process
To start the process for an insurance claim after sustaining an injury:
- Immediately complete an injury and witness report within 24 hours of the incident occurring
- Injury report to be completed by athlete (if possible) or coach
- Witness report to be completed by medical staff, coach, manager, match
- official or volunteer present
- Notify CHUBB Insurance, provincial union and Rugby Canada within 72 hours of the incident
- Scan and Email reports to Claims.A_H@chubb.com, provincial union contact, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you have issues please call toll free 1-877-772-7797 (CHUBB Insurance)
- Athlete must acquire a physician referral for treatment before an insurance claim can be reimbursed for any treatment / medical expense
- Athlete acquires physician referral for treatment
- Referrals, invoices and receipts must be scanned and email to Claims.A_H@chubb.com, provincial union contact and email@example.com with the Subject Line: Rugby Injury & Claim – ________________ (Athlete’s first and last name)
- CHUBB Insurance Representative will process claim and notify athlete / parent of reimbursement
TRAVEL MEDICAL PROCEDURE
Travel Medical Process (tours)
Registered Participants of Member Organizations have extensive travel coverage under the Rugby Canada Insurance Program. This coverage will apply while on sanctioned and approved tours for member organizations and has a limit of $1,000,000 (one million dollars) of coverages per person per trip per policy year.
Chubb Insurance works with a Medical Assistance Service provider call, EuropAssist. By utilizing the Travel Medical Assistance Company, EuropAssist, members will be able to complete the following process if injury or sickness occurs:
- Call 911 or country emergency phone number for ambulance (if necessary)
- Refer to EuropAssist Member Card with dedicated phone and member number, call and begin process (distributed at point of Tour Approval)
- EuropAssist will direct you to closest hospital (if necessary)
- Coach, Manager, Parent, Volunteer or individual themselves must ask for GOP (Guarantee of Payment) from EA for all possible medical expenses or treatments or tests that may take place at the hospital or medical clinic.
- Hospital or medical clinic will work with EA to arrange and receive payment.
- Patient will receive treatment.
- Complete necessary paper work (injury and witness reports and submit to Provincial Union for forwarding to Rugby Canada and ACE / Chubb Insurance)
Click here for Touring Policies and Information.
Please click here for Rugby Event / Match Policies and Information.
Please click here for Rugby Program Policies and Information.